Acceptable Use Policy & GDPR
WebTelep provides webhosting services to a wide variety of customers. In providing these services, WebTelep has certain responsibilities concerning the use of its equipment and may impose reasonable rules and regulations.
It is important for WebTelep customers to read and understand this Acceptable Use Policy. By using our Services, customers agree to comply with this Policy and also agree to indemnify WebTelep against any claims by third parties arising from violation of this Policy.
WebTelep reserves the right to make changes to this Acceptable Use Policy at any time, and any changes will be effective immediately upon posting to the WebTelep web site: www.WebTelep.com. WebTelep customers are responsible for regularly reviewing the Policy. Continued use of the Services following any changes shall constitute acceptance of the changes.
This policy recognizes the fundamental fact that no one owns or controls the Internet. WebTelep cannot monitor or control all the activities of our customers. We do not intend to actively screen, review, sensor, edit or take responsibility for the activities or content of our customers. Our customers, not WebTelep, assume all responsibility relating to their Internet activities including, but not limited to:
- Aspects of the Customer’s business
- Content and data provided by or through a Customer for use with the Services
- Decisions about Customer’s computer and communications systems needed to access the Services
- Results obtained from using WebTelep Services
- Compliance with all applicable laws and governmental regulations regarding Customer’s business or use of the Services
- Use of the WebTelep services by Customer’s end users
- Compliance with this Acceptable Use Policy by the Customer and Customer’s end users
Activities conducted on the Internet are subject to many of the same laws and regulations applicable to the offline environment. Customers must exercise a high degree of judgment and responsibility with respect to their use of the Services, including the responsibility to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy. Customers will violate this Policy when they or their affiliates engage in any of the following activities:
When a user creates a profile or makes a request via our website (“Website“) and or mobile application (“App“), We collect and process information about that user of our services (“User“). In this regard, we act as a data controller.The protection of the User’s personal data is very important to us and in the following the User finds a description of the personal data which we gather, for which purpose we uses the information, how long and how we store the information and if such information is shared with others.
We are compliant to GDPR. Read more on our GDPR compliance below.
1. What kind of personal data do we collect?
We gather information about the User’s name, email address, telephone number and request details, which the User provides to us via the Website and/or App. Furthermore, the User accepts that information on the User’s route, length and duration in connection with use of our services registered for:
- Improving service by understanding the average amount of time a User spends on our site and navigation;
- Learning about popular pages and services offered.
The User also accepts that we are entitled to contact the User regarding operational issues and the use of our services, Website and App.
2. For which purposes do we use the user’s personal data?
The User’s personal data will be processed for the following purposes:
- to process the User’s request
- to handle feedback
- to contact the User if so requested or need be in certain circumstances (i.e. tour cancelled or change in timing),
- to answer any inquiries,
- to improve the contents of the Website and App,
- for statistical purposes about the Users’ use of the Website and App,
- to charge and invoice the User for the use of our services, and
3. Do we pass on the user’s personal data to others?
We do not pass on any user data, transfer or handover any user personal data to any other parties except if you are notified ahead of time and user grants us the power to do so.
4. For how long do we store the user’s personal data?
The User’s personal data is stored for as long as the User has an active communication with us and then 180 days from the contact request completion date.
5. What kind of precautionary measures do we take?
We take precautionary measures of technical and organizational nature to protect the User’s personal data from manipulation, loss, destruction or access from unauthorized persons. The precautionary measures are revised on a regular basis in accordance with the technological development and up to date technical equipment.
6. What rights does the user have according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
Our compliance with GDPR, including User’s rights are described below.
We value your privacy: GDPR Compliance
Dear valued customer and user of our site. Please note we have always made data and privacy a priority. We only collect the data we need to help us improve our product, customer support and communications.
- You own the data we collect from you. You have the rights to have your data: Deleted, Rectified and Returned.
- We limit the data we collect to a minimum and only collect data that has a specific purpose. The main purposes are:
- Providing better customer support.
- Improving our services and products.
- We are hosted in the US but also uses third party data processors which are located both in the US and Australia. We have Data Processor Agreements (DPA) with all the external data processors we use. That ensures that the data processors also live up to GDPR regardless of where they run their businesses.
- We collect your consent to process your data when you sign up, make a contact request and or review our site.
- We are obliged to notify you in case we have any breach of your data.
If you have any questions about your data or our policies then please reach out via contact form.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Keeping our participates data safe has always been a core concern for us. This page describes what data we collect and what we use it for.
- You own the data we collect from you. You have the rights to have your data: Deleted , Rectified and Returned.
- The personal data we collect concerns: Name, telephone number, email address, location, IP address. When we collect it and how we process it is described below. We limit the data we collect to a minimum and only collect data that has a specific purpose. The main purposes are:
- Providing better customer support.
- Improving our services and products.
- We are hosted in the US but also use third-party data processors which are located both in EU, Australia and the US. An example of that is PayPal which we use to collect payments for our services and products and therefore they processes: Email address and / or phone number as well as details provided by the purchaser such as their name or location, payment details and info. We have Data Processor Agreements (DPA) with all the external data processors we use. That ensures that the data processors also live up to GDPR regardless of where they run their business.
- We collect your consent to process your data when you make a contact request .
- We are obliged to notify you in case we have any breach of your data.
What the GDPR is
GDPR is a new comprehensive data protection law in the EU which replaces the many different national legislations currently in place. It strengthens the protection of personal data and gives EU residents a greater say in how, why, when and where their personal data is processed. It f.x. Introduces the right to be forgotten. Any organization that works with data of EU residents has obligations to protect the data regardless where it is stored and whether the processor is a third party data processor.We fully understand this, so we collect as little personal data as possible and safeguard it as well as we can.More information on GDPR is available here: https://ec.europa.eu/ino/law/law-topic/data-protection_en
Who the GDPR applies to
The GDPR applies to all organizations operating in the EU that process personal data or processing personal data from EU and Swiss residents.
What data the GDPR applies to
GDPR applies to all personal data. The concept of personal data covers everything that can be used to identify a person in a larger group. That includes name, address, email, IP address, cookies, location, unique identifiers, etc.
What personal data we collect and why
When you make a contact request
- We collect email addresses for the calendar and customer contacting system. Every account is unique due to the uniqueness of the email address, which is used to identify you as a participant using our services and products.
- We collect names so that we know what to call you and anyone else participating under your contact request .
- We collect phone numbers to contact you if needed. We use the country code of your phone number to estimate your country of residence.
- We collect IP addresses and location information in order to detect the misuse of the system, combat abuse, statistical analysis and for logging purposes.
- We do not collect your payment information as this is sent directly to our payment provider in encrypted form. We are a PCI compliant service.
When you make a contact request and during your time with us:
- We collect the location and timestamp of some actions you took using the website. They include some page views, some actions on the pages.
- We never sell or transfer or profit from any of your personal data.
When you’re on our website:
- We use Google Analytics to track user behaviour. This helps us understand how our website visitors get to / find us, and what web pages are most relevant to them. Google Analytics sets web browser cookies to identify users returning to the website, optimize performance, and to provide information about our Google AdWords campaigns you have interacted with.
- You can read more about cookie usage here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
- We have a data processing agreement with Google Analytics which obliges its data processing practice to follow GDPR.
- We set web browser cookies on our site to improve the user experience on the website. This includes:
- Identification of the visitor by a translation plugin to remember what language you prefer to view the website in.
- Serving assets e.g. images from a server cache to make the website load faster.
- Identification of the visitor by a security plugin to prevent attacks on the web.
You can delete any cookies set on your web browser by our site in your browser settings.
- We collect user information sent through contact forms on our site. This information is stored for 90 days and then deleted. However, the information is forwarded securely to internal email addresses and customer support systems.
Where your personal data is stored
We store all user data in data centers in both U.S. and EU countries. Additionally, we use data processors which may be hosted outside of EU mainly in the US and Australia. We have data processing agreements with all data processors that we use which oblige the data processors to follow GDPR. Most of these providers have additionally chosen to be certified in the EU-US Privacy Shield which is an agreement between EU and US that describes data protection rules required to store data in the US.
You have the right to:
- Access your data. You can contact us any time and ask for a copy of your personal data.
- Update your data. You can contact us any time and ask us to update your personal data such as phone number, name and email address.
- Delete your data (“The right to be forgotten”). You can achieve that by contacting us. We do not keep your personal information after your account is deleted. We will also ensure that your personal data is removed from third-party services. Removal of data will be done as soon as reasonably practicable and within a maximum period of 180 days, unless EU or EU Member State law requires storage.
3rd parties with whom personal information may be shared
|Personal data disclosed
|EU-US Privacy Shield
|Name, Email, Phone number, Location, IP Address
|No personal data shared.
We share conversion events with Facebook Ads.
|No personal data shared.
We share conversion events and website traffic with Google Analytics
We kindly ask you not to share any personal information when contacting us on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
We have internal policies in place that prohibits employees from sharing and personal user data in internal communication tool.
Agreements with third parties on data processing
We limit the data we share with the above third parties to the absolute minimum to ensure your details and privacy are kept to a minimum. We have Data processor agreements in place where necessary, limiting the third party use of data.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy at any time by giving notice on this page. It is strongly recommended to check this page often, referring to the date of the last modification listed at the top. If you object to any of the changes to this policy, you must cease using this service and can request removal of the personal data.
Get in touch with us
If you have any concern about your personal data, please contact us.
Changes to this document will be sent to you and made available on our website.
Using the WebTelep network in anyway that adversely affects other WebTelep customers is strictly prohibited. This includes but is not limited to:
- Gaining or attempting to gain unauthorized access to servers or services. Such attempts include “Internet scamming” (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, port scanning, probing, monitoring or testing for system or network vulnerabilities.
- Introducing viruses, Trojan horses, trap doors, back doors, Easter eggs, worms, time bombs, packet bombs, cancel bots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
- Running programs continuously in the background without our permission.
- Intentionally omitting, deleting, forging or misrepresenting transmission information, including headers, return addressing information and IP addresses.
- Using IP addresses which were not assigned to them by WebTelep.
- Running Internet Relay Chat (IRC) bots or clients.
- Installing online or “live” Chat systems of any kind.
- Distributing any type of copyright protected music or video files without our permission.
Accounts that include content or which have links to content that:
- Is unlawful or is considered offensive by the web community.
- Promotes injury or physical harm against any group or individual.
- Promotes or teaches illegal activities.
- Exploits or depicts children in a negative way.
- Infringes on copyright, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other intellectual property including pirated computer programs, cracker utilities, warez and software serial numbers or registration codes.
- Violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation governing the Customer’s business or activities, including without limitation the laws and regulations governing export control, unfair competition, false advertising, consumer protection, issuance or sale of securities, trade in firearms, privacy, data transfer and telecommunications.
Such Accounts will be terminated in case if content will stay online after first warning sent to Account Holder or Account Webmaster via e-mail or phone call.
Unsolicited Email (SPAM)
WebTelep has zero-tolerance for unsolicited commercial advertisements (SPAM) originating from our servers or for spam advertising of domains hosted on our servers. It is prohibited to:
- Alter or remove electronic mail headers (i.e. Stealth Spam).
- Use email to harass or intimidate others. If a recipient asks to stop receiving your e-mail, you must not send them any further messages.
- Send more than 300 pieces of e-mail per domain per day.
Such Accounts will be terminated in case if activity still taking place after first warning notification sent to Account Holder or Account Webmaster via e-mail or phone call.
You can close your account at any time with 14 days notice.
This Acceptable Use Policy is not exhaustive. WebTelep has the right to refuse service to anyone at any time WITHOUT WARNING OR PRIOR NOTICE. No refunds of fees paid will be made if account termination is due to a violation of the Acceptable Use Policy as outlined above.
Web Hosting Plans
We provide reliable website hosting with 100% uptime, unlimited traffic, based on powerful hardware and SSD drives, state of the art control panel and more! Choose the right size for your website needs!
WordPress Web Hosting
Our Managed WordPress Hosting solutions helps you build, secure and grow your WordPress site. We aim for Faster Speed, Tougher Security and Maximized Productivity. In case you have a problem - we are here to assist.